Re: I know I asked this before

Eric,

Actually, it was March 25, 1966. The winner was Jochen Rindt (sp?) in
an Italian-prepped GTA that had been rolled in practice! He won the race
outright, followed by Bob Tullius in a Dodge Dart, and 3 more Alfas! I'm
not sure if Alfas racing arm was called Autodelta at that point, but the
car was definitely not one of the privateers who came in 3, 4 and 5. Alfa
was definitely supporting the privateers, but for the very first race,
they put in a ringer. ;=) You can see the start of this race in the video
from the History Channel on the Ford Mustang. The GTAs you see a glimpse
of in the footage are the RHD ones driven by Horst Kwech and Sam Posey.

In the '66 season, Alfa actually collected more points than Ford! (32
vs. 30). According to the FIA system, they would have taken the season
honors regardless of class. As it was, they took the under 2 liter (U2)
class by a wide margin.