Spider Rattle

Well, I am going to join the ranks of the Spider rattle folks. My '85
Spider has the same rattle as everyone else spoke about. I have not had
time to completely track it down. It does originate in the engine area
somewhere. I have checked the exhaust and have tightened the sump guard.
I have also inspected the mounts and found nothing. My next step was to
have someone rev the engine while I poked around in the engine. I had a
similar problem with my '63 Sunbeam Alpine except that the noise was
coming from the rear of the engine. It turned out ot be that the shock
absorber loosened up and the top stud that had the two rubber bushing
was vibrating inside the mounting hole. If anyone finds their rattle,
please copy me on the resolution.

Chris Stephenson
Atlanta, GA
'65 Spider Veloce