Milano's ARC disco lights save it from emissions inspection

Last night,  I had to run the 87 Milano Verde through the Md.
emissions station.  I had a certain amount of dread, because the car
only barely passed the last time and the valve guides do appear to
need replacing.  But the weather had turned windy and kinda cold, so
all those damn  ARC  disco lights were blinking like nuts.   They were
still blinking as I pulled into the emissions station.  Well,  one of
the inspectors saw this and assumed they must be check engine lights
or a low oil light, which was blinking along with the rest of em.  I
started to say, aw hell,  they don't mean anything.  But the inspector
was adamant  that the test was a no go,  giving me a three month
waiver to fix things up.  Of course,  all the ARC lights finally
stopped blinking by the time I arrived back home.  I am at this point,
very pleased that Alfa included such a display for the Milanos.

Ciao,  Jay