Re: Info on '74 GTV's

Scott Allen had asked:

>I have a friend that's looking at a '74 GTV, that's in rough but restorable
>shape.  He know's nothing about Alfas.  Does anyone know of a GTV Faq
that's
>online I can point him to that'll answer some of his questions that I
can't?

Scott:  I would think that this list is as good a source as your friend is
going to find.  While I am sure that there is a "GTV Registry" somewhere,
and probably a few GTV owners have put up personal websites that
chronicle their restorations, I doubt there is a place where the answers
to all the questions your friend might ask are already answered.

If you/he want my two cents worth, any car that seems "rough but
restorable" BEFORE you get into it, is probably crusher material.
>From a casual monitoring of the classified ads in many big-city
newspapers, '74 GTV's are pretty common.  While I am sure that
excellent cars are scarce, I'll bet that a few hours of research
would uncover a lot of candidates in better shape than "rough but
restorable".  Trust me, your friend would save a LOT of time, and
a whole bunch of money to spend his resources finding  a car
in "great but already restored" condition instead.  A few hundred
bucks travelling to another city and transporting the car back
would be peanuts compared with the cost of repairing somebody's
cast-off project.

But, hey, why let reality enter the picture when Alfas are
involved?  I certainly don't!

Jay Mackro