Off Alfa Subject

My Aunt has an '87 Olds Cutlass Supreme that is using  a lot of oil.
The car only has about 50,000 miles.  There is no smoke of any color nor
is there any oil puddle.  There is no evidence of oil on the motor.
There is not evidence of it going anywhere.  It is just like it is
evaporating.

 I went with her on a short trip the other day.  Fifty miles round trip.
The dipstick showed full when we left.  After we returned,  I let her
car sit on level ground for 15 min. and then checked the oil.  It was
down half a quart.    We have gone a litte further and had to add a
whole quart.

She has noticed this phenomena for a while.  She has taken it to several
different mechanics,  including the dealer and spent several hundred's
of dollars to no avail.  No one has been able to find any reason for her
oil's disappearance.

Can anyone help?
tenkiller