Re: 164S Shocks

Vlad asked:

> From: VLADDS@domain.elided
> Subject: 164 S question
>
> I was looking at an 164 S yesterday (in quite good shape).My question is:
> Is it normal for a suspension with no apparent flaws (no red right) to
> display only minimal, almost imperceptible difference among the rides of
the
> 2 modes?
> Also, anybody care to comment about how many 164 S with factory Recaro
might
> have been sold?
> It is a bit weird that ARDONA/ARI people show no interest in this
digest.It
> would make a lot of difference (in my opinion) if they would choose to
post.
> You know what else i thought?How aware of the Digest do you think the
Factory
> is?What if one would introduce the digest to them, say, in a mail.That
might
> be a bit of a free market research for them..
> Vlad
> '91 164 L

On ordinary, smooth roads, the difference in the two settings, to me at
least, is marginal. In sport mode, the car feels fidgety, and every little
ripple is felt. In normal mode, there is an increase in pitching when riding
bumps. You have to be travelling quite fast to really notice any difference
(80mph or so). Personally, I leave it in normal mode most of the time.

Ciao,

Ian

164 24V Cloverleaf