It's the pits

Jon Inge writes that he "put a pit into
 my new garage a couple of years ago (in Snohomish Co, WA) with no permit
 problems.  They wouldn't let me install lighting unless I used sealed,
 explosion-proof equipment, but using a couple of fluorescent tubes on 2x4s
 to slide under the car as needed does the trick.  Someone wondered if
 swimming pool lights might have worked, but construction was too far along
 by then."

I should say, Jon, that with the amount of rain we get in Snohomish Co, WA,
the swimming pool lights might be a good idea.   :^)   Of course if you had
built that garage in the City of Edmonds, where I was responsible for the
permit authorization, I might have required "occasional usage" in return for
the permit.
Thanks for the offer of the use.  I plan on taking you up on that offer soon
(after tomorrow's driver's school) before putting the Spider in its place for
the winter.

Gordy Hyde
NWARC
1987 Spider "VELOCE"