Re: alfa-digest V7 #1123

Chip,

In the back of most import car mags there is an ad from MSDS air intake
systems.  They now offer a cone filter conversion for 6 cyl bosch air flow
meters.  Reasonable price I think.  $139.00 approx.  I think Alfisti on this
list could talk for hours on this topic.  I have a modified 3 litre Milano,
Sperry cam, modified spark and fuel curve and air flow meter that I may do
the conversion on.  However, this much I do know. The stock airbox is very
good and unless you can funnel that cool air from under your passeger side
headlamp scoop directly into the cone filter I am not sure you will gain.
The engine compartment is just too damn hot!  I have had racers say cooling
10 degrees = 1hp! The placement of the cone I would guess is super important.
As far away from the hot air as possible. Your thoughts?

Michael Adair (new lister)
88 Milano Verde