Re: Door Plastic

>From: "Mark Battley" <m.battley@domain.elided>
>Subject: Door plastic for 105 GTV

>My GTV doesn't have the usual layer of plastic behind the door
>trim panels.

>Is this supposed to be one sheet that covers the whole door behind >the
trim panel, small sheets to cover each aperture, or a more
>complicated shape sheet that starts off between the trim panel and
> the door, then gets tucked into the lower holes in the door?
>Usually it's better if the bottom edge of the
>plastic tucks into the hole to direct any water back in.

On my old 74 GTV there was one sheet of plastic.  It was fastened to the
door sheet metal using several beads of a caulk like material.  It was NOT
tucked into the drain slits at the bottom of the door, rather the caulk line
went across the bottom of the door just under the drains.  The plastic was
just pushed through over the window and door operating pieces.

Same system was used on my Spider.

Jerry in Houston