Nearside, offside

John wrote:
...The other part of the story is that the export models were marked "Offside
Undo", as distinct from the home-market "Nearside Undo", and the common
presence of both Nearside and Offside hubcaps on the same car suggested that
British assembly-lime workers were just as haphazard (or inebriated) as other
nationalities.

Well, I learn something new every day. Having spent (misspent?) much of my
youth around British cars, I had always thought that "nearside" and "offside"
had something to do with driver's or passenger's sides of the car. Now I come
to find out they only represent the fact that Trevor pulled parts as
haphazardly as did Luigi!
Len

End of alfa-digest V7 #1115