MAF v AFM...

Now that I know some things, thanks Zamani, and I was able to look at the
sample web page, I can have some opinions!!

First of all, its flapper v hot wire.  To me MAF and AFM are the same thing,
they measure air flow.  And it doesn't really matter what you call it.

Of course the real difference is the restriction and throttle response.  The
hot wire tends to be much better at this than the flapper, much less
restriction AND the response time of a hot wire is shorter than a spring
loaded flapper valve...

20hp difference?  I doubt it.  At least for straight up replacement.  The
key to this change is that you can re-tune the system!  The kit sold really
lets you customize the fuel delivery characteristics for different airflow
AND for tip ins.  Pretty cool system.  Now if you did cams, exhaust, etc.,
and tried to use the base system, you might be able to find that extra 20 hp
just out of being able to tune it.

Would I buy it- depends.  If I were on a budget, and just dropped a 3.0l in
a 2.5l hole, this could be pretty nice to use.  For that matter, if you did
the 2.8L conversion, it would help.  Any major mods, this would help use the
stock computer.  Very cool.  Cheaper than most (but not all) aftermarket EFI
systems.

If I had a stock anything, this might only give me 5 hp or so... well, maybe
10.

Eric Storhok
Advanced Powertrain Engineering
Ford Motor Company