Rivet Gun Blues

Friends,

In the process of replacing the rubber molding on my 93 Spider
Veloce, I discovered that my pop rivet gun will not fit into the
window channel. The diameter of the gun's head is too large to
allow me to rivet the channel molding caps on the top of each
door.
Help!
Is there a rivet gun that has a head small enough to fit in the
channel?
Is there an extension for a typical rivet head?
Must I resort to adhesive?
Your experiences and/or ideas are sought.

Thanks!
Rob Favali
Manchester CT (soon Burlington, VT)
93 Spider Veloce