Re: HELP!!!! distributor driving me to drink!

In a normal ignition circuit, the resistor(s) are connected between
the ignition switch and the coil "+" lead. It should be equivalent to
connecting them between the point lead(s) and the coil "-" lead(s). If
you have actually connected them between the point lead(s) and the
disty body, then one terminal of the resistor(s) is (are) grounded!
This will definitely steal most of the ignition energy. A traditional
Kettering ignition is a series circuit of a battery, a coil, a resistor
(sometimes the coil provides all the resistance needed), and the points.
The condensor is in parallel with the points. The baseplate of the
points and the body of the condensor are ground, which returns all the
valuable little electrons to the battery/generator. Don't make me resort
to ASCII art or differential equations...

;=)