Alfa 105 Parts Forsale (Sub topic: Screwed by a 'friend').

Hi Digesters,

If any digesters in RHD countries are interested, I have for sale 4
brand new Carello headlights to suits early model Giulia Sprint,
Berlina, early Spider etc. They are a H4 light which means they will
give you a more powerful beam (much needed on the early models, as far
as I can tell), and being RHD they are the only ones which are legal in
Australia, and are fairly difficult to find here.

The reason I am selling these? Here comes the juicy bit- I ordered these
from the UK for a "friend" who is restoring a Giulia Sprint GT. Seeing
he did not have access to a fax machine or e-mail, nor did he have a
credit card for that matter, I agreed to order them for him from and pay
for them with my credit card. Call me a fool, but if you cannot trust
your friends, who can you trust? I obviously did not stand to gain
anything from this transaction; it was merely done as a favor to a
friend. As it turns out, after the headlights had arrived, my "friend"
decided he no longer wanted them, mainly as in the meantime he had found
out it was cheaper to get his old lights repaired than pay for new ones.
I will leave the story there, suffice to say that I have one friend less
than last week and a fair size credit card debt for four headlights I
neither want nor need.

So they are for sale. Looking for around $150 ea, which I think is
reasonable considering vendors here sell LHD (illegal on Aussie roads)
Carello lights for at least $180 ea.

I also have a pair of front sheepskin seat covers for a series 2 1750 or
2000 GTV, custom made in black from pure Aussie wool (the best in the
world IMHO!..although NZers on the list may disagree), excellent quality
and very luxurious! Include headrest covers. Cost around $400 to be made
new, I am willing to sell for $120neg. E-mail me for more info if
interested.

Lastly, I have a set of 4 Alfetta 14x5.5in Chromodora turbine style
alloy wheel, that are taking up space, have Michelin tyres but with low
tread. Otherwise in very good condition. Asking $100neg for the set.

Apologies for the above spiel about the headlights (probably was a bit
too personal), but I had to vent my anger somewhere; where better, than
in front of a couple of thousand Alfa-nuts!!

Sasha Nackovski-  Whittlesea, Victoria, Australia.

1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sedan 2000
1974 Alfa Romeo 105 GTV 2000
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign
1984 Volvo 360 GLT