Summin stinks

Hi,

Yet another question. We have a very bad fuel smell in the car when
accelerating from stop, and worse when turning left from a stop. We
presume it is from the evap system. Where on earth is the canister. The
hoses go into the right front fender, and never seem to come out. We have
the manual, which says its there. But where? and how to get to it?

TIA for any help.

Not-driving-an-Alfa in San Diego (aka Debbie)