Trunk (and Hood) Release Cable Preservation

The surest way that I know to make a trunk (or hood) release cable last
forever is to install an "emergency release cable".  (The Third Corollary
of Murphy's Law states that anything that has a backup will last
indefinitely.) Secure one end of a stout piece of wire (12-14 gauge
should suffice) to the release latch and then thread the remainder over
to the gas tank filler neck. I did this to my Spider 20 years ago and the
main
release cable hasn't broken since! Did the same thing for the hood
release. Same result. Lots easier and cheaper than an electromechanical
Rube Goldberg solution.

Tom Muccino
Amherst, NH
603.672.0763