Replacement H.T. parts for 164

Hi,
A short note for the British 164 3.0 owners who have been avoiding
distributor cap replacement due to cost. I got water in the HT side
and the car started to run rough, I decided to bite the bullet and
replace the distributor cap and rotor arm bacause when I was drying
everything out both looked quite pitted. I have avoided this in the
past because of the cost but when in Halfords I saw the distributor
cap for 38GBP, about a third the cost of the Alfa version. Its the
first time I've seen these parts in an aftermarket supplier. The rotor
arm they originally supplied was the wrong part but when I took it
back to a different branch they gave me one with the same part number
but completely different, curious to say the least!!
Anyway the upshot was that there was a significant increase in
performance after fitting the correct parts for around 100GBP less
than the Alfa parts, well worth the little bit of hassle.
Mike salter