mass emissions

hello digesters,

has anybody encountered the new mass emissions testing yet?  for those that
may not know, we're getting the california style dyno emissions here,
starting at the beginning of this month.

i took my verde to a station today, they haven't even seen their new tester
yet.  i got a safety inspection and a sticker (but they still charged the
new $29 rate).  from what i've heard, they will be doing inspections with or
without the machines through the end of the year.

i was actually disappointed, i was kind of curious as to how the test would
work.  no real worries with the verde, although if it failed it's being
taken off the road in a few weeks and i'd have had all winter to play with
it.

fwiw,

bs