RE: Croma V6 trivia

Zamani wrote:
>I think this is the engine of the 155 V6. It looks similar to
>the specs in my owners manual. Motronic 1.7, 10.0:1 pistons etc.
>But The 155 has 166 bhp as opposed to the Fiat's 159 bhp output.
>The GTV6/75 engine only had 9.0:1 pistons and L-Jetronic EFI.
>Otherwise they're very similar with the exception of a few other
>things.

That makes sense, since the 155 was the main usage of the 2.5 V6 in
transverse FWD configuration. I'm just intrigued as to when and in which
markets Fiat used it in the Croma: I've never seen mention of it before.
It's also a bit odd that Fiat should bother when it was already using the
French 2.8 V6 in the Thema.

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand

1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce