164 rack

The power steering seals in my rack failed, which filled the boots with
power steering fluid and ceased to provide power assist. I think this is the
common mode of failure. In your case I would check the hose join that is
near the LH wheel well (RHD Car) for the fluid leak. Its a good idea to
replace the Alfa hose clamps with conventional ones. I would go looking for
the steering slck in other places. If the steering wheel is moving in and
out, then the issue is in the telescoping mechanism. Also have a good look
at the a-arm bushings. If they are worn, email Alfa Bill about some
superflex bushes.

Doug Gould
90 164
Melbourne, Australia