Rust, make it go away

I'm new to this forum, so howdy everyone!

As a recent procurer of a neglected '74 GTV 2000 I have the (un)fortunate
task of removing the rust. (Primarily for the body panels and a bit on
the undercarriage.) You all know what I'm talking about, so what are your
suggestions as far as rust inhibitor/blocker/remover products go.

Has anyone heard of POR-15? It's used primarily for marine applications
but has anyone had any success with this product on cars... and what
other stuff do you recommend?

For the record, I have no affiliation with or interest in promoting any
product, I'm just a lowly man trying to get good, free advice!

Jerry S. Wagley
Alameda, CA