Replacing front wheel studs on 105/115?

I recently upgraded the rear axle on my '71 berlina to a late model LSD
unit.  I have also purchased new studs so that all 4 wheels will have studs
that are the conventional right-hand (clockwise to tighten) threads.   My
question: What is the proper method to remove and replace the left hand
threads remaining on the driver's side front hub?    Can I bash them out of
the front rotor with my good old Thor brass sledge hammer, or do they need
to be pressed out with a hydraulic ram?  I don't want to damage my rotor,
but I having them pressed out makes this a multi-day repair with an
outsource for the stud R&R.    Suggestions?  Thanks.

KCT
Knoxville, Tennessee