Re:electricial problem for a spider

Just had the alternator rebuilt for my 81 spider, build date on the car is
6-81 so the regulator isn't in the unit itself. It is Saturday and late so
nothing is open. The red alternator light in the tach comes on barely and
quite a lot when I but a heavy load on it like the heater motor. So I don't
think that I am charging the battery and the system is operating properly.
Any quick references and items to check? Could it be the voltage regulator
and where did they locate it on the 81? or could it be something else?  For
any inputs thanks, Norm.

End of alfa-digest V7 #1074