Differences in new and old TS engines

Hi!

I'm still doing my homework on my upcoming "post-95" GTV purchase, and
I've come across something interesting. I have read some reviews on
the net, and according to them, a lot of things changed with the 98
model. The styling changed slightly, with a new front spoiler and
sideskirts. That's not really important. I think they look cool anyway
:-).

The important part is the changes in the engine. According to
articles, pre-98 2.0TS GTVs developed 150bhp with the majority of
power above 4000 rpm. The new 98+ models develop 155bhp but has a lot
more effect at low rpms, again according to the article. I might be
able to produce an url to it if needed.

So, anybody have a theory as to what they have done to the engine
lately? It's kinda hard to be able to test the different engines here
in Norway, with hardly any new GTVs around at all :-/.

regards,
Nils C-:
- --
Nils L. Corneliusen