restoration

In 1974,  I purchased a 1965 Giulia Veloce Spider.  Shortly thereafter,
I purchased a very
low mileage Duetto 1600cc Veloce engine with matching 5 speed
transmission.  The car
was left with a Alfa mechanic/friend in 1975 for restoration (in Austin
TX).  Due to
alcohol/drugs, divorce, failing health, and other problems in the
mechanic's life, the car is
still not close to completed.  He has stripped the Spider to the metal
and had it repainted
twice (in 1977 and again in 1992).  The body is absolutely perfect (no
rust or wrecks).
We have collected a few new parts and reconditioned misc. other parts
over the years.
However, the car and parts have been moved several times along with
other old cars and
pieces belonging to the original mechanic.  During the last several
years, I have grown
very disappointed with the total lack of progress.  I would like to find
someone to
complete the restoration.  I am interested in a meticulously sound car
mechanically that
can be "driven on Sundays".  I am a pharmacist and I have lived in
Jackson Hole, WY.
since 1975.  My limited mechanical experience, access to other Alfa
owners, work space
and free time prohibit me from restoring the Spider myself.  I would be
willing to collect
the car and pieces and take them to another mechanic.  Could you
recommend someone
whose is competent, honest and reliable?

steve

- --------------2A4F00F559EEA83F07E57841--