V6 Oil Vapor Separator Question

Hi Guys,

	Here's a dumb question. Why do need an oil vapor separator that
channels oil into the intake? Can't I just put a K&N breather
filter and plug the breather hose that goes into the intake? I'm
afraid this might effect the idle of the car since the vacuum
inside the engine is effected with the filter in place. The only
reason that I can think of why the air from the breather is
routed to the intake is to mix hot air into the intake (smog
reasons?). Makes my intake system dirty I wanna get rid of it if
possible.

Zamani