To lock or not to Lock Doors on a Spider

>I used to have discussions with my brother because he always locked
>his Miata (yes he's a wimp) and I never lock my spyder.

I must caution, you however, there is at least one thief in San Francisco that doesn't check to
see if the doors are unlocked before resorting to violence to get in! (Ask me how I know: '75 Fiat
Spider with a new top.)

(It is a sound idea, however, to not lock the doors. Maybe I should have put a sign in the
window..."DOORS NOT LOCKED, DON'T SLASH MY TOP!")

Karl