Alfabill's Vauxhall

Bill wrote from England:
"BTW, the Vauxhall Astra turns out to be a No-va! Teeny tiny! Runs like a scalded cat though :o) If you see a white Nova go by on
the wrong side of the road, It's me!!"

If you get one of the 'supermini' engines (1.2 or 1.4) you can really make these things rip.  When I drove to UK Alfa day last June
I easily passed several new Alfas going to the same place.
I'm not saying that they *couldn't* have gone faster than I, but they were only toddling along at the de facto A1 speed limit
(around 85mph) whereas I was obeying the command of my 5-year-old in the back seat ("Faster, Daddy, I want to see all the Alfas!")
I should add that my car was red, not white, so of course could go faster.

- - David R.