"Maratona" for sale on eBay

I question wether the GTV6 in question is actually a Maratona.  It
certainly is not in original condition.  (Nor is mine, but ...)  There
should be louvers covering the back hatch glass; there should be a
black plastic insert between the taillights in the license plate area;
the front bumper strip should be all black; the triangulated plastic
pieces behind the rear windows should be black; the plenum cover/tea
tray should be a clear - now yellowed - see-through piece (I have
NEVER seen a slotted one as this car sports); it should be wearing
Speedline TRX wheels; and it should have a sunroof.   Visually the
only thing marking it as a Maratona are the skirts and airdam.  Beyond
all that, Maratona's were a 1984 - not '83 iteration and the dash
plaque simply said "Maratona" without any serial numbering.  The
Balocco's dash plaque does indeed tell you which one of X it is, but
not the Maratona.  There should also be a "Maratona" plaque on the
sides behind the front fenders, but I can't tell if the eBay car has
plaques and rust there, or only rust  :^)  Looks like rust only.

Even if all the above deviations were done deliberately, there should
still be a sunroof if it's a Maratona.  I think this is just someone's
personally bastardized version of what THEY thought a GTV6 should look
like.  It certainly should not command any premium pricing for being
the #1 Maratona, rusty or not.

Megan Caverly
Frederick, Md