Re: 105 1.6 vs 2L engine weight

>    Anybody know the difference in weight in the above, comparably equipped?
>I know the 2L has a much heavier crank and a taller block, etc., but I was
>wondering just how much difference there is.  Also, anybody ever tried
>punching out a 1.6 to 1.8 using  shortened 2L liners and custom pistons for
>a 84 x 82 configuration?  TIA, Ron.

Alfa called it a 1900 when they did that, but the bore was 86 mm. The block
is "webless" (uses a monosleeve).

What might make better economic sense would be to use long rods and a 1600
crank, or even a 1300 crank in a 2000, after boring a 2000 sleeve to 86
mm.! Not sure how far one could cut the deck on a 2000/1750 height block
without getting into trouble. Does anybody have the two deck height
dimensions handy??

Greg