Tell me I'm crazy...

Well, I just returned from a week in Awe-Stun, Taxes getting my 361k+
mile GTV6 front end "renewed" (along with my annual service and
*numerous* other items, which I will not list here, as even this
audience would be bored by it). I **really** loved the 430 mile test
drive home this morning...

So tell me if I'm nuts for doin' this. First the "down side" *then*
the "up side:"

I spent approximately $3,500 US on a vehicle that is currently living
under a "total loss" title, covered in hail damage from over 5 years
ago (that was the last time I polished the car - I can't stand to take
a closer look at all those dents than I have to, and polishing would
definitely force that). After 10 months of haggling with the insurance
company (their original offer was $500 "because it has 300k miles on
it!!") I finally settled with a value slightly under $3,000.

WHAT A JOY TO DRIVE A GTV6 WITH A BRAND NEW FRONT SUSPENSION AND
STEERING RACK!! The original rack (yes, 361k miles!) is headed for the
nearest dumpster. Even my "pack rat" shop doesn't want it. Except for
the body, this car has been completely "restored" in the past 5 years
(65k miles) and I bet there isn't a better GTV6 out there, to be
"driven" at least!!!  REALLY DRIVEN!! No, I have no plans to sell this
car...so don't make me an offer.

In early October the 164S is hoped to have a vanishing "clunking"
noise. It can't cost as much as the GTV6 job, can it?? :-D

Just gettin' ready for the Best Roads of Texas Tour,
Bernardo "let's go for a ride!" Zelaznini
b:d+z
Alpine, Brewster County, Texas USA
  Animated global position (~2:30 load @ 28.8):
     http://www.brooksdata.net/personal/thc-aroc-usa/alpine_zoom.htm