164 fuel pump vs regulator failure (kinda urgent)

Hi all,

quick poll.  how many of you have had a 164:
a.  fuel pump failure
b.  fuel pressure regulator
c.  both

Reason for asking:  The non-starting appears to be fuel pressure
or fuel delivery.  Today, after starting, it generally idles ok
(but with apparent misses once in 3-5sec), but on acceleration
the engine occasionally misses (even after warmed up).

Since this could be either, I'd like to attack the more likely
culprit.

Also, in the TS engine, the fuel pressure regulator is well hidden
under the middle of the intake manifold, and the access is protected
by all manner of hoses.  Quite a bit of labour and contortion will
be required to do a swap.

I'll probably send the car in tomorrow.  But I'll still compile the
results.  E-mail answers would be preferred to avoid cluttering up
the list.

Thanks
Lawrence
Singapore