Italian/British combinations

<<<<<<<<<<<<<I'm rebuilding a '62 Morgan 4/4 (yes, the termites
and Dutch
elm disease has been taken care of), and I came across a personal web
site
<http://www.onthenet.com.au/~fredb/morgan01.htm>
detailing another Morgan restoration. The steering rack used to replace
the
antique
(read: hard-to-find and heart-stoppingly-expensive) steering gear was
from an
Alfa
Sud or Alfa 33. My question, being completely non-Alfa oriented, are
these/those
Alfa models available in the USA? And, if so, what years do I search for
in
the bone
yard?
         This seemingly odd pairing of Italian/English engineering is
not as
strange as it
sounds; the original single master cylinder on my car has been replaced
by a
'71 Toy-
ota dual cylinder ($40 vs. $450) and the rear brake drums by Datsun
finned
aluminum
drums...
         Any info on this subject- hey, I could get lucky, somebody may
even
have this
item in the back of the garage gathering dust- would be greatly
appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Didn't Morgan offer some cars with FIAT engines?

Paul Rollins
USA