Re: Oil pan drain plug... what size?

In a message dated 9/10/99 5:24:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: Simon Montagu <simon.montagu@domain.elided>
 Subject: Oil pan drain plug... what size?

 Before I make another trip to exchange sockets, can someone *please*
 tell me what size sockets I need for the oil pan drain plug (24 mm?)
 and the bolt on the oil filter canister (19 mm?) for a 1971 Spider.  >>

"Most" Alfa oil pan drain plugs are 27mm.  Assuming you are referring to a
canister type oil filter used from Giulietta thru 1750 (at least in USA) ---
two I had out in the garage were different 21 and 22mm