re: 146 news (or lack thereof)

>Subject: Alfa Romeo type 146

>I have been following the digest for some time now. I don't think I have
>seen one single item about an Alfa romeo 146.

>Is this model only sold in Europe? I live in The Netherlands, and here it's
>the predecessor of the alfa 33.

>How is this in other continents, for example Asia, USA or Australia??

Yo Theo,
Welcome to the somewhat American-biased Alfa Digest!

There are no 146's in the US (unless they are hiding at some Detroit R&D
center...) and if Alfas were still being imported here I doubt they'd be
brought over nor would most here be interested in them. We'd consider
ourselves very lucky just to get the top end cars!
I had the pleasure of driving a 146 for 3 days recently (a 1.9 JTD). I was
quite impressed by the spunk the diesel showed but it is still weird to
hear a diesel engine while driving an Alfa (not quite the American image of
Alfa for sure). Anyway, quite a nice little car with a handy hatchback and
folding seats that held the bikes and junk with little difficulty. Feel
free to get some locals on to discuss 145's, 146's, etc. We'd all enjoy the
break from hearing about 164 stepper motors!

Michael Williams
VP, DSARC
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto 4cyl.