loose lug nuts question:

(This relates to my honda, not my alfa... i hope)
I had my wheels aligned and balanced a little over a month ago. A friend and
I then took them off and put them back on three weeks ago tightening the lug
nuts to 80 ft lbs.  This past labor day weekend we took off my wheels again
to check out the suspension (to compare it to his car) and found the lugnuts
on the front driver side wheel were only finger tight. And yes, we checked
all the wheels after we put them back on. Questions:
1)is it possible for all 4 lug nuts to come loose after having them
balanced/aligned or after a long drive?
2)if it is possible what would cause them to loosen?
3)or could it have been some juvanile sole trying to be funny?

- -t