Re: brake MC interchange

Further to Marko Mataja's request for ATE BMC types, the "22" cylinders
are 22mm diameter & were fitted to cars with servos, the "20" cylinders
were fitted to cars without servos.
Which type is correct is best determined by whether a servo was fitted
since all other dimensions (caliper piston sizes etc) are identical.
Hope that this info is of help. Kits for "20" & "22"mm ATE BMC are
available from Alfa Stop!

>Brake MC on my Spider started to lose force, so I am planning to replace it
>with a rebuilt one. I have a spare brake MC from another car (Giulia), which
>I would like to rebuild. The problem is that they are of different types.
>Both were manufactured by ATE, but the one in my Spider has a symbol "20"
>stamped on the back, and the spare one is a "22" (I think these were also
>used on Alfetta). They look the same from the outside. Should I expect any
>problems with the change?
>
>Marko, Croatia
>Alfetta GTV 2.0 '81
>Spider '72

- --
Tony Stevens    http://www.alfastop.co.uk
ALFA STOP, POBox 50, Belper DE56 1AS, UK
Tel: +44 (0)177 382 2000
Fax: +44 (0)177 382 1900