re: Andrew's GTV

Andrew Watry asked the Digest for an aesthetic opinion:

>I stripped everything off my 74 US GTV yesterday, readying it for the paint
>shop, and am debating whether to go with two non-original changes:
>
>1.  Delete front and rear rectangular side marker lights?  Alternatively,
>install just small Euro "dot" front markers, or 1600-style front markers?
>
>2.  Remove "shelf" on rear panel with license light and "Alfa Romeo" block
>letters, and swap to earlier 2000 bumper that includes the in-bumper license
>lights?

I say ,"go for it"; it's your car.  As a matter of personal taste, I agree
that the big rectangular markers are ugly and would leave them off entirely
if I could pass whatever road inspection I had to without them.  The
license plate lights are a harder call, but if I preferred the
in-the-bumper style, I'd change those too.  I even have a good 71-72
bumper, if you need one.

Dana Loomis
71 1750 GT Veloce
72 2000 GT Veloce