Chassis stiffeners

Mel V. asks:
Has anyone had experience with chassis stiffeners for spiders? It seems
like a great idea for my car but they seem pretty expensive for what it
appears to be (over 400 bucks from IA for instance). Do they work and
are they available for less money somewhere else? Thanks. Mel V.

I have one on my '82 Spider Veloce. I think it definitely reduces or eliminates
cowl shake.
I bought mine from Don Ereminas (Connecticut, someplace) a few years ago. His
son builds them in Oregon, and I bought mine direct while on a trip there.
United Airlines had fun with my checked "luggage!"
I installed it myself, took about 4 or 6 hours if I recall.
Len