Exhaust Problem???

Today I bottomed out my GTV6 on a wonderfully designed, verticle ramp in an LAX parking
structure.  My fault, since I was going too fast.  I repaced the cat with a set of straight
pipes from Shankle/Ricambi that reduce ground clearance considerably.  They're low and sort of
sweep up to mate with the center muffler.  QUESTION:  there's a ding (1.5 to 2 inches long by .5
to .75 inches wide and .25 to .5 inches deep) behind the front bend in one pipe.  Since this
changes the diameter of the pipe somewhat, are there any problems that can be associated with
this?  I didn't notice anything while driving home, (still goes like stink!), but want to be
sure that there won't be any damage in the making that's not obvious.

Also, in IAP's most recent catalog I notices a set of "European Front Pipes" that are touted as
"true European free flow design".  They seem to have a bend that results in a straighter path to
the center muffler and might not reduce ground clearance.  The do have what appears to be a
resonator on each pipe.  Does anyone have knowledege of or experience with this set up?  If I
need to replace my pipes are these a worthwhile product, or should I head to the muffler shop
and have something fabricated for much less than IAP's $240.00 price?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

69 GTV
86 GTV6