'nuther stupid question

ANy tech help appreciated for this embarrassing 164 question.

I have the alfa wiring diagrams from the Cardisk CD, but polarity
isn't indicated.  I'm trying to (**cringe**) install new speakers, and
I can't make out which terminal is power and which is ground.

One wire from each pair sports a black stripe, so I assumed that would
be the ground.  However, wiring the speakers in that fashion produced
poor performance.

Can anyone please tell me which color wire from any of the four
speakers is positive or ground, or whether the larger or smaller
terminal is pos / ground, or whether you can tell by simple left right
orientation?

Sorry for the remedial question, but I don't want to trash the new
equipment!  Thanks!