Re: alfa rental in HK

>I'm planning a trip to HK in November and was wondering if you can rent
>an Alfa in HK.  Or am I crazy just thinking about driving there??
>
>Cheers
>Stuart Thomson

HK has Avis, but it will cost an arm and a leg to rent anything and it's not
worth it, unless 1) someone else is picking up the tab, or 2) you have at
least a day at your disposal. I don't know of anyone who rents Alfas. A
lowly Honda will go for $100 U.S. per day minimum, plus a hefty deposit. I
think the chances of renting an Alfa are virtually nil. There is no
market for rental cars there, so the pickins are slim.

Forget about driving in the city. You can escape the gridlock, however, and
there are some truly wonderful roads in the New Territories that do not see
much traffic and would be well worth driving. If you are used to RHD it is
no problem.

Having driven there myself for some years I still think it's more fun to sit
in the mini buses while the driver guns it with reckless abandon. Even the
double decker buses can haul a$$.

Unless I am mistaken (Paolo?) the Macau GP is also held in November. Now
that would be worth the trip.

Have fun!

- ---
Chris and Josie Robyn <josiechris@domain.elided>