Re: alfa-digest V7 #1015

Milano valve stem seal replacement.

My excellent local mechanic, says that his book is quoting 16 hours labour for the
removal and refit of both cylinder heads. He also has been quoted for a head kit of GBP 185
- - 250 ( USD 300 - 400 ).

I haven't done this job before, but stripping and replacement of a Rover V8 3.5ltr SDI
( 1961-63 ex Buick 213 ci) took me 7 hours and cost 45 GBP for the head kit.

Are these figures reasonable, and if so, why does it take *so* long ? Also, any thoughts
on the cost of the head kit ?

The mechanic is very competent and my next door neighbour, and very good value
for money, not the expensive type at all.

Dave Milne