Re: Moretti Cars

>From: Scott Fisher <sefisher@domain.elided>

>Greg Stewart asks about Moretti cars; Jack Hagerty may also chime in on
>this one -- I still have (somewhere...) a reprint of an old Road & Track
>road test on a Moretti that Jack gave me years ago.

I think you covered it better than I could, Scott (as usual). Everything
I know about Moretti is contained in that article (the cover story, no
less!) and a few automotive encyclopeadia entries. The styling is that
absolutely to-die-for early 50's Italian school which was flawless. When
Bill Mitchell (GM styling chief from the '60s into the '70s) was whining
publicly about how small cars have no possibility of being "styled" because
of their lack of sheet metal, I would hold up the Moretti 750 coupe' as a
counter argument (usually to dropped jaws). Mitchell, meanwhile, showed us
the vastness of his talent with his last great hurrah, the aircraft carrier
like '73 Buick Riviera.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |    "If this rocket stuff is so important    |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    to you, so be it. Just be careful and    |
| Livermore, CA		      |    don't blow yourself up. I suppose there  |
| jack@domain.elided   |    are worse hobbies!"                      |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |            - John Hickam, October Sky       |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |