RE: header gaskets and fast idle GTV6

for the shankle headers, which i assume are similar to ansa, here's what
worked for me (and i suffered the same continuous leak problems you did
before i did this):

first, i got some nuts from paul glynn, copper, 12mm, with a washer like
flange on one side and the threads slightly oval shaped.  the flange allowed
me to put the nut in a socket and get it on from underneath.

next, i coated both sides of a new set of gaskets with some exhaust leak
stuff.  as quickly as two people can do this job, we bolted everything up as
tight as it would go.  this is not a quick job, it took two relatively
experienced wrenches (well, one relatively experienced wrench plus myself)
probably a half hour to bolt up each side.

the oval shape of the threads in the nut should prevent it from coming
loose.  so far, knock on wood, this has held up well.  now all i have to do
is change the head<->header gaskets on one side and it should be completely
leak free!

hope this helps,

bs

p.s.  ricambi had the shankle gaskets last time i checked.  the ones i took
out were so far out of shape that i couldn't make a pattern from them, so i
got two sets just in case.  looked like 1/16" - 1/8" copper sheet to me..