Re: Header gaskets

For the last ten years, I quit using gaskets on the headers of any of my cars
(street or race) and have NOT had any leaks.
I saw a fellow racer use "Ultra Copper" silicon sealant on his headers and
tried it.
It works great.  The only problem is if you get any sealant on the inside of
the tubes, It will still be there (blocking the flow) when you take the
headers off, no matter how many miles it has on it.  This stuff will not burn.
                                                                     Carl