Re: alfa-digest V7 #1000

In a message dated 8/26/99 7:35:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Hello.  Looks like my "pristine, beautiful" Alfa 164 that I bought a few
>  weeks ago may need an engine rebuild.  The oil pressure is about 10 when
it
>  is at idle warmed up.  Has anybody had any experience with rebuilding the
> 164
>  engine?  I am mainly wondering how much it costs.  I'm hoping that I can
put

>  on a new oil pump, and that will help.  Any info would be appreciated.
>  Stephen

Your idle pressure is just fine.  Actually  the owners manual calls for 5-7
lbs at warm idle.  Seems too many people think the v6's are just like the 4
bangers with 2 more cylinders.  nope.  Just go enjoy the car.

Jerry in Houston
79 Alfetta
83 GTV-6
93 164L w/auto