questions

Hi Joshua,
Don't know about your dipstick, but I do know that the space between full
and low on my dipstick is separated by one quart of oil. I use 20w50 in the
warm part of the year, and 10w40 in the cold part. I don't claim to know
whether this is necessarily the best way to do it, but thicker oil is
usually better in hot conditions. (Don't want to start another oil thread).
As for the oil in the plug well, it may be that the rubber gasket in your
oil cover is dried out. In fact, that piece of rubber you found might be
part of it.
Chris Keen
'77 spider