Major Bummer - out of the Intermarque

Kiwi Alfisti and All,

As Kiwi Alfisti who turn out to the Intermarque Challenge will know, we've
been doing reasonably well with the Green GTV and son Jayant even managing
2nd overall with the hugely uncompetitive Alfetta GT which he drove at one
meeting. At the last round, 2 Saturdays ago, we both drove the GTV and had
a ball; I especially enjoyed getting the better of that Barbarian
Chaffcutter (911) with a time 2 seconds faster per lap. To put it in
perspective, Jayant was faster still, a whole 3 seconds faster than me, and
we're unmodified and a class down on the Porsche.

Seems as if we had too good a time - last night at scrutineering for this
Saturday's event, the Porsche-BMW round of the Intermarque, the car did not
pass. Reason? - cracked chassis just where the steering box attaches. Damn!
Damn! Damn! So we're out.

Bugs me because Alfa Romeo is now running 3rd in the Championship, up from
5th a few weeks ago, and this is in spite of having very few Alfas
competing. So those of you nearby who are reading this, how about turning
up and getting scrutineered early on Saturday so you can earn some points
for us? ... or lend us a car..? ! ? ! yeah right....

Les Singh - e rota la macchina