RE: Laforza - Alfa Line

Jorn is correct.  The Laforzas were marketed in Europe as Magnums
with tiny engines.  The interesting thing is that now, under the
name Magnum Industries, the are still being made.  I guess in
Europe they are supposed to be pretty wimpy.

Here in the US they come with a 5.0 V8.  Lots of V8 muscle, but
it still has to push 5400 pounds around.  These SUV's were built
with the military in mind.  Every time I take it in to get
serviced, the entire shop invariably crowds around and looks
under it.  It is a very heavy-duty design.  (They were intended
to be parachute dropped from aircraft.)

Cheers,

Robert Savi
Principal/Architect